Buying or selling your home is quite possibly the largest financial transaction you will ever make. It’s not a process to leave to chance. You want to make sure that everything is in order, and that you’re making wise decisions. Conveyancing is time consuming, complex and can be risky if you don’t have experience.
Our Conveyancing Solicitors in Leicester can help
We know how stressful it is, and will use our many years of experience to make sure that everything flows smoothly. We’ll make sure that everything is above board and that you’re getting what you expect.
Our conveyancing solicitors have seen a lot of property contracts, and know where to look for the pitfalls. We’ll expedite things as much as we can and keep you up to date on progress.
We offer a fixed fee service, which will help you budget for your move.
Why choose us?
Our conveyancing solicitors offer low fixed fee rates.
If a dispute arises, as conveyancing solicitors we have the authority to deal with it in Court if need be.
Local experience – you can’t beat it.
Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS) – we’re an approved practice which means our quality service is recognised by The Law Society.
What’s included in the conveyancing process
Our conveyancing solicitors will:
- Make sure that the property title is sound and verify the ownership.
- Check if the property is freehold or leasehold and advise accordingly.
- Draw up a contract of sale and send it to the buyer’s solicitor.
- Check for restrictive covenants or rights of way that could affect your plans for the property.
- Check that buildings and alterations have the correct planning permission, licences and warranties.
- Check that there are no debts owing against a property, and if there are that they are released before the property is transferred to you.
- Carry out local authority searches to make sure if there are zoning restrictions or any debts due.
- Check if there is a lease, and if so, check the lease conditions.
- Arrange for additional property searches, depending on the circumstances. These might including checking previous land use, whether the land is prone to flooding, if there are planned railway or motorway developments, whether medieval laws still require
you to contribute to the local church and so on.
- Check mortgage documents.
- Ensure the deposit has been paid.
- Exchange contracts for you which makes the deal legally binding.
- Lodge an interest in the property so that the property cannot be sold to another.
- Calculate the final figure to pay.
- Arrange for the title to be transferred to the new owner’s name.
- Pay Stamp Duty Tax on your behalf.
- Lodge the title deeds with the Land Registry.
- Send a copy of the deeds to your mortgage lender.
Moving home can be a stressful experience. We have vast experience in dealing with all types of residential property transactions. We will ensure that the entire process is completed smoothly and quickly as possible by providing you with clear and comprehensive advice at every stage. We will resolve any issues that arise during the course of the transaction quickly and efficiently.
The market for Shariah compliant mortgages continues to grow. Our solicitors are expert in dealing with different forms of Shariah compliant lending and the firm has built up an excellent reputation in this area of practice. We have strong links with many of the financial institutions offering mortgages to the Muslim community.
There has been significant growth in people choosing to purchase additional investment properties for the purpose of letting them out to short and long term tenants. We have assisted and continue to assist many clients who have adopted this strategy on both small and large scales.
We also provide specialist assistance to clients moving home with the assistance of employer subsidised relocation schemes (which can often have particularly unusual requirements).
We will provide you with a clear and detailed breakdown of the costs involved so that you are not surprised by hidden costs!
- Sales and Purchases
- Joint Ownership
- Leasehold properties
- Islamic Home Purchase Plans HPP
- Shariah Compliant Finance
- Matrimonial Transfers
- Preparation of Trust Deeds
- Land Registration
- Transfer of Equity
For FREE no obligation quote or initial consultation, please contact us.